Pages

4/4/11

Of Bard's and Bob's (part 1)

I.

Listen my readers and I shall tell you a tale

Of adventure and mystique, not unlike the search for the Grail.

This quest that I speak of involves a great deed,

And a man capable of withstanding great evil and greed.

This man was a hero who wasn't quite a hero.

That's not to say that his works aren't remarkable enough to be noted by my biro,

On the contrary my dearest reader, this man was unlike most other,

He was abandoned at the age of nine by his whore of a mother.


 

An act, if I might say, is something truly awful,

This act no doubt, initially led our Hero to seek a life deemed unlawful.

But I shan't dwell upon these details, for they are quite boring.

Rather, my reader, I shall focus on the 'venture, so that you won't be left snoring.

Sometime our hero spent, righting his wrongs in a cell,

Fighting to survive, agonizing through what I can only imagine as utter hell.

But then O reader, on an ever fateful night,

Our Hero dreamed a dream of both darkness and light.


 

The Hero saw a truly profound and compelling vision,

This dream had left an impact on him, he now knew his true mission.

And what was this dream, you, reader, likely ponder?

Shall I tell you, or should I keep you in the dark, left to wander?

Although the idea is quite tempting, I fear I may lose you,

So then reader, I shall give in, and pay what is due.

The Hero's dream, it truly was a sight to behold!

And now finally, the secrets of the dream shall be told!


 

But first lovely reader, let me tell an abrupt allegory.

It is neither lewd, nor is it particularly gory.

Once there lived a maiden, fair as can be.

There also lived a knave, one of the bravest, he.

In a tall, tall, castle doth the maiden live,

And so then the knight journeyed to rescue her, and soon did he arrive.

And then… ah… umm… err… well my reader it does appear

That I have forgotten the rest of the story, I do fear.


 

At any rate, I suppose it does not matter.

So on then, enough with this futile chatter.

Let us then truly begin our story; like most epics it starts "in medias res"

Or to the layman, we begin in the middle phase.

As we finally join our Hero, his quest shall likely leave the reader wowed.

And my narration no doubt would likely make Keats, Shelley, and Byron quite proud.

So then dear reader, let your humble narrator begin,

It is time for this woven tale to finally take its spin.


 

This tale shall begin in the heights of sorrow and misérable.

And for those of you still wondering, are Hero's name doth be Bob.

Sir Bob as it may be, was sitting at his desk like any other day,

And that's where I shall begin to tell the tale, if I may.

No comments:

Post a Comment